Thursday, August 30, 2007

Day 2.3 I'm sorry...

I am not sure exactly what the process is when alcoholics that are going through recovery go to friends and family and ask forgiveness for past bad deeds. I am also not sure who it helps more in the end. The alcoholic receives (hopefully) some absolution, and the family member or friend receives some sort of contentment that the alcoholic is trying to better.

Sometimes there is a transfer of guilt to pain. I have lost my best friend today. Part of this new life is about being clean, but unfortunately washing has left dirt all around me. I am a good person who has done many, many stupid things in my life. I have been a poor example as a friend. I have lied and have paid the ultimate price.

Now if this scares you from coming clean and telling someone something you have hidden...well it should. But being honest has to be the important thing. If you aren't honest up front, yes you stand the chance of losing in the end...but, you still need to do it.

I already miss her - and wish I could have been more like her.

No comments: