Monday, August 27, 2007

Star Kissed

Ok, so I know lately I have using this blog as my way to communicate to the world. And, today will be no different.

When you FISH upon a star...

I believe in fate. I believe that stars do align from time to time, and we have a choice to accept or reject their appeal to us.

My first trip to Seattle was about 8 years ago. People that know me have heard me say that the feeling I had when I arrived there could only be described by a line in the Color Purple...

Netti had just arrived in Africa - and standing on the land of her ancestors for the first time, her body just vibrated.

Ok, so my ancestors weren't from Seattle, but I truly felt the same.

Fast forward to yesterday, started bad, got worse...then ended wonderfully.

The Power of the TUNA SANDWICH

I don't need to expound too much on what got me to the point of tears, but during this collapse - a moment of clarity. A tuna sandwich in front of me, lettuce and tomato and a sliced strawberry to squelch the sweet tooth. Now you may ask the importance of this sandwich. Well, it's because someone special had made it for me... Made out of love and compassion. I was stunned, it had been so long since I had received something like this. I had given it, but had not received it in so long. And, as usual - it rendered me an emotional wreck.

Here's the good part. It made me realize that I was on the right path. Relationships have to be equal. When they are not, one person tires out or just gives up. If you have someone make you a tuna sandwich...make them one too as soon as you can.

Ok, more good part and this is where fate comes in.

Seattle is home to the famous Pike Place fish market. Hence, fish equalled Seattle to me at that moment. I know this is long, but hear me out... I had just made a very big decision in a relationship days previous, I also was told that my company had until October 5th to have their shit together or begin splitting, I had just received a Monster for a great job in Seattle, I know that I have a place to live already in Wallingford (like 5 minutes from the city with my brother in law who wants me there because I am the only person in the world that will listen to him babble for hours on end), and then...

That movie Singles comes on...I know...WTF right?

So, Seattle must be calling. I love it there and it loves me back. Maybe I would even get the golden tuna sandwich I have been longing for...

So here is the f'd up piece of this puzzle. I go home and join Match.com for real (no more winking and running like a kid dropping a blazing bag of shit on the front stoop). Within an hour I am having a conversation with a wonderful woman. She is my age, ready for the next half of her life. She wants humor and music and passion and tuna, and will give tuna in return.

So, stars...aligning? Or, just twinkling dots in the sky? What would you do?

I'm thinking Seattle.

No comments: