Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Day 8 Revelation

First off, I am so happy today. Work and personal life are finally what I have hoped for, for a long long time. Financially, hmmm...not so good. I always thought the term "rock bottom" meant glutes (spelling) of steel... Obviously I know better now.

I am going back to school...but more about that another time. I have to see if I can pay for it first. So, if you see an attractive bald man standing at an intersection with a sign that says, "Will work for school!"... at least honk and give a thumbs up at very least.

Lessons of the day

By the way this will be the last post for awhile...take these lessons to heart.

1. Remember in any given year, you will do more good than bad. Yes, you will make mistakes - but in the end, hold yourself accountable and move towards a more positive path everyday. Let the good be the motivator in your life. The universe is not out to get you, or reward you... Be honest, be sincere and always tell the truth. I know this to be true, and it's something I have had to learn the hard way.

2. My best friend told me something yesterday that I may have already known, but it was a cloud blaster at that moment. You get better everyday, yes I know, and yes we do change... But, when it comes to relationships, it is absolutely imperative that you love and accept who your partner is completely. All of their strengths,weaknesses, loves, hobbies, and all else that defines that person. I have to believe one very big reason why relationships fail is because, well...we try to change a person once we have them. They are who they are. Love them or let them go. Love and support them for who they have become over their life. It's either a puzzle piece fit or not. So - honestly think about your relationship right now...do you accept the person you are with and all they are...or have you caught yourself saying things like: If he'd only change his style, or - I wish she was a better housekeeper, or - I wish he was more intelligent instead of emotional. Guess what folks, you probably knew all of this before you were a "committed" thing. Why is it a problem now? So, final advice, if they don't have all of your check marks from the beginning, and you think that you can change them later...it will be a hard ride for the both of you. Don't settle kids...and don't let them just settle for you.

So, sometimes the most perfect match is not always about commonality. Sometimes it's about imperfection and acceptance, differences and forgiveness.

10 toes, hit floor, run and smile!

No comments: